No one looks forward to having dental work done, but the reality is that sooner or later, you probably will. Laser dentistry offers unparalleled results when it comes to treating your oral health concerns as effectively and comfortably as possible. Using powerful yet small lasers to improve the health and appearance of your smile not only sounds cool and can offer many benefits that will surely make you smile. At Honest Care Dental, Dr. McMillan and his trusted team are proud to offer a variety of modern dental procedures that incorporate lasers. If you need a restorative or cosmetic dental treatment, here’s what you should know about laser dentistry and how it could benefit you.
Laser Dentistry Can Be Used for Various Dental Procedures
Because laser dentistry can sound complex, it’s common for people to assume that it probably won’t be an option. Dental laser technology can be used in a wide range of procedures ranging from minor to complicated. Some of the most common procedures that laser dentistry can be used in include:
- Teeth Whitening: Lasers can be used during professional teeth whitening treatments to help bleaching products lift stains from your enamel quicker.
- Gum Reshaping: For a “gummy smile” with too much gum tissue or not enough of the tooth visible, lasers can remove or reshape excess gum tissue quicker and more comfortably compared to traditional dental tools.
- Cavity Treatment: Lasers can remove tooth decay to prepare the tooth for a filling. Many patients prefer that laser over traditional drills because it’s quiet and works quicker, which helps reduce dental anxiety.
Laser Dentistry is Less Invasive Than Traditional Methods
“Laser” is an acronym for “light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.” It uses an extremely narrow and precise beam of light energy to alter or remove hard or soft tissues. Because lasers are so precise, they tend to be less invasive than traditional dental methods. This can provide several benefits to patients of all ages, including:
- Reducing the risk of infection or bleeding after the procedure is complete
- Faster healing time and less pain
- Smoother, more comfortable healing process
Laser Dentistry Is State-of-the-Art
While laser dentistry is becoming more common, not every dental office has this modern technology. Laser procedures are considered safe. However, it does require special training to operate and use dental lasers since it is one of the most state-of-the-art techniques in dentistry to date. For this reason, it’s important to ensure your dentist has undergone the proper educational courses and additional training to provide these services safely and effectively before undergoing any laser treatment.
Schedule Your Laser Dental Treatment at Honest Care Dental
The next time you hear from your dentist that you need to have a cavity filled or you’d like to enhance the appearance of your discolored teeth, don’t fret. A laser dental treatment can help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile without the discomfort, inconvenience, or long recovery times that can make people dread going to the dentist. At Honest Care Dental, you can rest assured that you’re in the best hands. Dr. McMillan and his team have the experience, training, and compassion to perform modern laser dental procedures in a safe, comfortable setting. To learn more about how a laser dental procedure could benefit you, contact our Salem, NH, dental office today to schedule your next routine check-up. We look forward to showing you can convenient modern dental care can be!